Monday 6 January 2014

Top tips for Vintage Shopping

1. Wear comfortable shoes
This is probably an obvious one, but wear some comfortable shoes. Even better than that if you have some comfortable shoes that are easy to get on and off. #winning

2. Plan your shopping trip
If you plan ahead for your journey, and you know the route, you can ensure that getting to the shops or market will be stress fee. If you can get to the shops early you can then have the luxury of beating the queues for changing rooms and get your hands on all the best stuff. #swag

3. Make a list
Be realistic, look at your wardrobe and make a list of what you need, or a wish list. This is something that will guide you and curb impulse buying that is all to easy when you are surrounded by gorgeous vintage goodies.

4. Wear suitable clothing
Wearing something stretchy and easy to get on and off will save you time. I usually wear leggings and a t-shirt or vest.

5. Bring Snacks
I don't know about you guys, but I get really hungry when I am out and about. I usually bring some apples, oranges, cereal bars and crisps or rice crackers.

6. Get there early
The earlier the better, as the saying goes, the early bird catches the worm. The early vintage shopping bird catches all the bargains!

7. Stay hydrated
This is something I stand by everyday, bring some water with you. That shopping is thirsty work guys.

8. Stay focussed
Staying focussed is key, I have to admit I find it hard to stay on track. I really try not to buy frivolous items that I don't need. Look for classic items, like the LBD, a cocktail dress, leather jackets etc. Something that won't go out of fashion and that you can cherish for years to come.

9. Bring a brutally honest friend
This is something that took me years to learn, you need to bring along a friend that can give their honest opinion when you are trying on clothes. A friend that is saving your feelings by being nice about outfits you try on that look ghastly, is not going to be much help.

Happy Shopping everyone!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment